Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Best Thanksgiving Line in Movie History


Anyone who knows me knows one thing. I LOVE SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT. It is one of the greatest films of all time and it features one of the greatest Thanksgiving lines of all times. When Bandit (Bo Darville) tries to convince Cletus "Snowman" that they should bring 400 cases of Coors from Texas to Big and Little Enos Burdette. I believe that the exact line goes like this,

CLETUS: Dontcha know that bootleggin' is illegal in Texas?
BANDIT: Well, who gives a turkey?

Yes, Bandit actually says, "Who gives a turkey?" People actually seriously said that in the seventies.

This only makes a lot of sense because I love turkey, ThanksGiving is probably my favorite holiday, I love to eat, which is weird since I keep a boyish figure. I think if I lived in the seventies I would just drive around in a truck all day, doing crystal meth and then stop at home for Thanksgiving. Anyway, thank you Smokey and the Bandit, for brightening up my life.

JT (RIP Sam, perhaps the handsomest naked dog in the world)

1 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 4:43 PM, Blogger Awesome Inc. said...

JT,

Stop using that Smokie and the Bandit line! You said that last night at the bar. And if I were to equate one movie with you it certainly wouldn't be that. Polyanna!

I saw that the ugly dog died. That thing is absolutely hideous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home