Sunday, May 28, 2006

These damn kids and their rap music


Well, I recently just moved into a condo on a busy street and I really like it. It's nice to be able to paint whatever I want and be gaining equity. I have only one complaint. I'm tired of hearing blaring sterios. Now, living in Lincoln, Nebraska, I'm not exactly in an urban environment. Not that it matters, but most of these people are white males age 16-25.

Now there's a couple things that are annoying about this:

1. It's too damn loud and I shouldn't have to hear a freaking car stereo on the second floor probably 50-75 feet away from the road.

2. When listening to music that loud, the only possible reason to do it is to think you're cool and make others pay attention to it. When the bass if making the speakers vibrate so much that it sounds like it's going to blow, you can't possibly really even hear the song b/c the bass is so freaking loud.

Now it's not that I have it out for rap. I enjoy a reasonable amount of the genre (you can tell by my vocabulary in that sentence that I know my way around the streets). All I ask is that you turn down your volume b/c nobody's impressed. It's disturbing the peace. Or to translate to something the rap crowd can understand, it's DTP.

Naners

2 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one ever said living on the end of "The Strat" would be easy. Keep your head up homey and stop player hating.

Mayor Seng

 
At 8/14/2006 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noise pollution has become a pet peeve of mine. Yes the snoop dogg wannabes are an annoyance, but worse are the big semis that routinely cruise through downtown. So much for enjoying a podcast or music on your mp3 player while walking around downtown when the USS Enterprise rolls by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home