Friday, November 04, 2005

We are all Pussies

I read a letter last night that my grandma sent home after seeing my grandpa for the first time after he returned from WWII. He had been shot in the shoulder and the bullet bounced up and went through his face. Yep, through his face. This happened in the Pacific after he replaced the long range gun guy who got killed, the machine gun guy who got killed and the medic who got killed: all in one battle! At the point of his return there were 18 survivors in his original group of 200. Now, if I hit my toe on a piece of furniture, I get pretty pissed off and it is all I can do to keep from going crazy on a normal day, and here Grandpa Gene is back from the war wishing he would have got killed instead of his friend Norm. To the guys in the army fighting, I salute you, thanks for doing a job I wouldn't be able to. Unfortunately I don't think bravery skips a generation like baldness.

JT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home